E-filing website www.incometax.gov.in Link Live Now:
New e-filing website www.incometax.gov.in Link Live Now Check Details: Income Tax Department has launched a new e-filing website for Income Tax Return (ITR) on Monday, June 7, 2021. The new e-filing portal can be accessed at http://www.incometax.gov.in. It comes with new features which are expected to make the ITR process much easier and faster.
You Also Read This:- DSSSB Recruitment 2021- How to Apply for 7236 TGT, Patwari, LDC & Other Post
Earlier in the day, the I-T department announced that they are in the final stages of the roll-out of the new portal. “We are as excited about the new portal as our users! We are in the final stages of the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we move towards rolling it out soon. working in,” he said in a tweet.
We are as excited about the new portal as our users!— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) June 7, 2021
We are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work towards making it operational soon.#NewPortal
Separately, the I-T department notified all existing taxpayers by sending a text to their registered numbers. “Dear Taxpayers, Income Tax Department is pleased to inform about the launch of its new e-filing portal http://www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June 2021.”
Prior to the launch of the new portal, the existing portal http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in was not available to taxpayers for six days from June 1-6, 2021. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in May asked taxpayers to complete all their necessary tasks related to any submission, upload or download before June 1 to avoid any hardship during the phased period (June 1-6). was requested. It had said that in order to ensure that there is no inconvenience to the taxpayers, it will not fix any compliance dates during this period.
What are the new features? Details:
The new website will enable a new online tax payment system with multiple payment options using Net Banking, UPI, Credit Card, and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank for easy payment of taxes.
On Saturday, the Finance Ministry issued a press statement listing the new features and changes in the upcoming income tax portal:
- New Taxpayer Friendly Portal Integrated with Instant Processing of Income Tax Returns (ITR) for quick issuance of refunds to taxpayers
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow up action by the taxpayer
- Free ITR preparation software with interactive questions is available to help taxpayers for ITR 1, 4 (Online & Offline) and ITR 2 (Offline); Facility to prepare ITR 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available soon
- Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, occupation/profession, which will be used for pre-filing their ITR.
Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend, and capital gains will be available after the TDS and SFT details are uploaded (due date is June 30, 2021)
- New Call Center for Taxpayer Support for quick response to taxpayers’ queries. Detailed FAQs, User Manual, Video and Chatbot/Live Agent are also provided
- Facility to file income tax form, add tax professionals, faceless scrutiny, or submit a reply to notice in the appeal will be available
“The new tax payment system will be introduced after the date of advance tax installment on June 18, 2021, so that no taxpayer is inconvenienced. A mobile app will also be released after the initial launch of the portal so that taxpayers can be familiar with the various features.
The CBDT on May 20 had announced that it is going to launch a new income tax E-filing website portal on June 7 and the existing portal, which will be phased out later, will not be available to taxpayers and other external stakeholders between June 1-6.